The following 9 steps are what a Kalamazoo College community member must follow to obtain approval for their research involving human subjects. If this is your first time applying for IRB approval or your first time applying for IRB approval from Kalamazoo College, follow these steps to ensure IRB approval.
- 1 – IRB Quiz Take the IRB Quiz to see if you need IRB Approval.
- 2 – Ethics Training Directions and links to completing research ethics training.
- 3 – Application Application form for IRB approval.
- 4 – Consent and Assent Find out how to create research “permission” forms.
- 5 – Methods and Instruments Figuring out and documenting your research methods for your IRB application.
- 6 – Putting Everything Together Making one document out of the three main parts of your application.
- 7 – Checklist A checklist for you to make sure all your you have completed all parts of the IRB process.
- 8 – Final Step What to do with the completed application.
- 9 – A Few Last Things A bit of miscellaneous, but important information.